Thursday, July 25, 2019

Walk Humbly With Your God

This week we are staying with our younger son's family in their new home in North Carolina. It is a different environment for us and we are enjoying time with the grandchildren. The kids go to day camp everyday this week. We have several hours to ourselves.

We've taken walks through the Carolina woods here at their gated community. We drove around the town of Wallace. We've enjoyed the community pool and greeted many folks who live here. We watch the golfers on the hole behind the house. And enjoy seeing the water birds on the pond.

Like Iowa, everyone in the community waves, "hello". They top it off with a friendly smile. We feel at home now and are glad that the family is settled in a lovely spot (even though it is far away). Knowing their surroundings is comforting to grandpa and grandma.

"He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." (Micah 6:8 NIV).

This scripture from Micah spoke to me today. Humbly walk with your God...to me means to stay next to God, be close to Him, and be humble, putting God high and exalted and knowing I am a sinner who has been forgiven so now I am free of the shackles of sin. Jesus and the Holy Spirit guide me through each day and I am blessed.

Jesus is our example for life: what is good. God wants me to respond with a life filled with fairness, love and desire for mercy in my life and to walk side-by-side with God, honoring Him with my reverence and praise.

No matter where I am today, I will pause and remember to walk humbly with my God.





No comments:

Post a Comment