Thursday, November 7, 2019

God's Word in my Heart

"I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you," (Psalm 119:11 NIV).

This scripture and others remind me of the importance of knowing God's Word. I am one who struggles with memorizing so when a friend suggested a help, I was quick to jump on her idea. She makes a packet of notecards with scriptures on each one. A person only has to flip through the cards to find a verse to focus on, or I can go through the verses and read and reread verses so they become familiar and hopefully one day become a memory verse.

I'm giving it a try. The nice thing about the cards is their portability. I can take them with me for car rides or other long moments of time and work on the verses. I found I have so many verses I would like to memorize that I keep adding more to my notecards.

Hiding God's Word in my heart, is perhaps a lofty goal, for me especially, yet it is definitely worthy of attempting the blessing of knowing scripture. I want to know the Word deep in my heart so the verses come to me automatically.

Psalm 119 is all about God's Word. "Blessed are they who keep his statutes and seek him with all their heart," (Psalm 119:2 NIV).

"I meditate on your precepts and consider your ways. I delight in your decrees; I will not neglect your word," (Psalm 119:15-16 NIV).

Today is a good day to hold God's Word in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment