Monday, November 4, 2019

At The Starting Line

Last night I had a dream about running a race. I went through five or six false starting lines and we kept moving forward. I was afraid I wouldn't recognize the official starting line. I was afraid I would be running last because I hadn't run a race before. I wasn't in condition; I had not practiced. I didn't know how to stand to start the race.

It was a nightmare.

I woke up to the alarm. Disappointed that I don't know how the dream ended. Relieved that I didn't know how it ended!

"Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize."    
(1 Corinthians 9:24-27 NIV).

Scripture even tells us how to run! It's amazing what you can find in the Good Book. It is a resource for life.

So what race are we getting ready to run? Whatever it is we are to prepare ourselves, our bodies, so we can run with courage, energy, and knowledge; getting ready for whatever life brings us. Have we studied the Bible today? Have we stored up scripture in our memories so we can face any challenge that lies ahead?

Today, let's go forward to the starting line, ready for the race of life, with God at our side.

1 comment:

  1. This makes me stop and think as we are rushing through life, we need to focus on what is important!! Praise the Lord!

    ReplyDelete