Thursday, October 31, 2019

He's Listening

Sometimes life gets overwhelmed by sorrow or pain or concern. It has occurred to me that many of our young adults are struggling with life. I can count at least five young adults who have serious life issues they are dealing with. My heart hurts for them because when I was that age, I also struggled.

There are expectations out there to live up to that make living challenging, at the least. There are self expectations and esteem issues that bubble up from disappointment, dissatisfaction, frustration or failure. Life is just hard for some people. Especially for those who are trying to brazen their paths without the Lord.

"Call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you will honor me," (Psalm 50:15 NIVV).

When you feel you aren't living up, or your dreams are shattered, or your heart gets broken, or you
are dissatisfied with the way things are going, it is hard to keep going, keep fighting, keep moving forward...without Jesus.

"When you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you," (Matthew 6:6 NIV).

I was lucky to have Christ with me to help me face life and go forward after a personal crisis. I don't know any other way to survive...but with Jesus.

"Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins," (Mark 11:24-25 NIV).

To all those young adults or any age who are in a crisis, don't give up. Turn your situation over to Jesus and pray for His presence in your life. To those friends, siblings, parents or grandparents who are hurting as they watch a loved one in a painful place, keep praying. Don't give up.

God is listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment