Monday, February 15, 2021

A Fleeting Life

 I love to take pictures. Just ask my family. I have dozens of photo albums filled with pictures I've taken. Most are of family but there are a good share of landscapes and flowers and sheep. Lots of sheep. Since 2015 I have no photo albums. All my photos are digital and on my computer. 

Someday I should probably print out some of the best and fill up more photo albums. The biggest draw was grand babies and I  have hundreds of photos of my grandchildren as babies. They were beautiful babies. My last grand baby will be eight next month. There is a correlation.


So as I look at some of the photos I wish that the babies didn't grow up so fast. Yet they offer so much and are so much fun as they get older with their own ideas and experiences to share. Life is as God intended. 

I sometimes wish I wasn't getting older with all the aches and pains I have. But I know God has numbered my days and life will end when it is time. Meanwhile I will enjoy my days and cherish the moments we share with grandchildren, children, friends and other family.

"Show me, O lord, my life's end and the number of my days; let me know how fleeting is my life. You have made my days a mere handbreadth; the span of my years is as nothing before you. Each man's life is but a breath," (Psalm 39:4-5 NIV).

Lord, please bless each person who reads this with a beautiful day of living. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment