Thursday, February 11, 2021

Everlasting Love

Valentine's Day is coming. In Iowa it is to be the coldest day of the year with double-digits below zero. What a day to cuddle at home with my love. How will you spend Valentine's Day? Not everyone is lucky enough to be able to be with her/his loved one. There will be many lonely hearts on Sunday.

Thank goodness for children and grandchildren who fill the heart that is aching and lonely. Valentine's Day will be a lonely day for some. My heart goes out to those who feel alone and sad. I am reminded of my mother's traditional Valentine's Day gift of heart-shaped cakes with pink frosting. Or the Valentine's Day my husband gave me towels. He has made up for that a hundred times over!

Life isn't always easy. That is one reason I created this blog years ago. I wanted to bring encouragement to others and remind them of the love of Jesus Christ. Our God is always present, always loving, always good. When our hearts feel empty we can always fill up on love through Jesus Christ, our Savior. 

"The Lord appeared to us in the past, saying: I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness," (Jeremiah 31:3 NIV). 

We are never alone. God is always with us and He loves us. We can turn to Him any time we are in need of love. His heart overflows with love for you and me. His love is everlasting.

God's blessings to you this Valentine's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment