Monday, February 8, 2021

If I Only Have Love

 "If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all  I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing," (1 Corinthians 13:1-3 NIV).

Love is the most important gift we can give anyone. The scripture says no matter what we do, if it isn't done with love in our hearts, it is worthless. Consider the love in our hearts and how we treat others on a regular day, do we show love? With our face masks we can not show love through a smile unless it is reflected in our eyes. However the act of wearing a mask does show love toward others by protecting others.

Even the kindest offerings to others are nothing if they are given without love. Love shows sincerity and genuineness and makes the smallest gift feel wonderful. Love touches the heart. Love surrounds the body with a hug even when hugs can't be given. Love seeps into empty crevices and fills them up. Love lifts up the soul from the depths of lows to the highest highs. It is like superman on steroids! Love is whispers that generate goose-bumps. Nothing is better than love.

May we fill this week with evidence of love in all that we do and say. May we make someone else's days better by showing love. And may your days be filled with love.

No comments:

Post a Comment