Thursday, April 15, 2021

April Showers

"April showers bring May flowers" is an old saying I'm familiar with and I'm trying to apply it to this April. We have had showers but only one and it's been colder than normal. The daffodils and tulips have bloomed or are still blooming now. I'm spoiled, I want warm weather. We are getting the April winds making even our sunny days feel bone-chilling.

One thing I've noticed is how the kids don't care if it is windy or not they are playing outside in short sleeves and shorts. It's a sign of my age, I guess. 

I watch with excitement as the plants bring their buds through the ground, bursting forth bravely. The leaves pop out on the trees and blooms turn to fragrant flowers as some trees share their showy display. I love the signs of spring all around me, even if the wind is cold and frost threatens to strike.

"As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. As the rain and snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it," (Isaiah 55:9-11 NIV). 

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment