Monday, May 17, 2021

Bring May Flowers

It's time for the flowers to start blooming, yet in Iowa it seems things might be running a little late. It's been so cool this month things aren't growing as fast as normal. Maybe I'm just too anxious. Flowers do a lot to brighten my days. I see my iris are budding now and a friend showed beautiful white blooms already on her iris, so maybe timing is just right.

I love flowers. I was blessed by a beautiful bouquet from son Brent for Mother's Day and it had many star-gazer lilies in it that are just blooming on my dining room table. They are so fragrant, filling the house with their scent and their beauty. 

I am missing the flowers I've planted at other homes through out my life. I think of how beautiful my lilac bushes must be by now. And the perennial flowers I planted. Especially the peonies and blue iris from my Mama's garden. I wonder if they are being cared for and loved. But that's not my business any more. We left our acreage five years ago almost to the day.

"Flowers appear on the earth; the season of singing has come, the cooing of doves is heard in our land. The fig tree forms its early fruit; the blossoming vines spread their fragrance." (Song of Songs 2:12-13 NIV).  

Spring is a beautiful season; new birth is everywhere I look. It is exciting for the rhubarb and asparagus to pop forth from the ground and to watch the trees become lush with their leaves. 

Thank you God, for filling our world with beauty and wonder. Thank you for bringing May flowers. Thank you God, for sending Your Son to save us. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment