Monday, May 31, 2021

Remembering

We visited cemeteries on Friday to decorate the graves of our beloved ones. It is always a sad time of remembering and missing those who are gone. If I pause there too long, I will cry, mostly for my parents. I miss them so much and wish I could tell them all the family news that has happened since they passed. They would be so proud of their grandchildren and the great grandchildren and and great great grandchildren that they haven't met.

Losing a parent is devastating. It is the biggest part of your life that is gone. I miss my parents very much. The grief of losing my mother almost did me in. I suffer from depression and this loss put me through a deep dark place of grief. It took me more than two years to recover. I wasn't ready to let Mama go. I still needed her to talk to and comfort me. 

Daddy died eight years later. It wasn't as hard as losing my mother yet, the shock of becoming an orphan was difficult to handle. Daddy and I had lots of time to prepare for his leaving and he missed Mama so much. He was such a good man and loving father.

"They asked her, "Woman why are you crying?" "They have taken my Lord away," she said "and I don't know where they have put him." At this, she turned around and saw Jesus standing there, but she did not realize that it was Jesus.  "Woman," he said, "why are you crying? Who is it you are looking for?" Thinking he was the gardener, she said, "Sir, if you have carried him away, tell me where you have put him, and I will get him."  Jesus said to her, "Mary,"" (John 20:13-16a NIV).

Today we remember all those we loved, those who fought for our freedom, and those who died for our country. We also remember Jesus and His life and His death. We remember Him giving His body and His blood for our salvation.

Thank you, God for all who have gone before us. Thank you for the sacrifices they made for us and for the life we live because of them. Thank you for sending Your Son to save us. Help us to never forget. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment