Monday, May 24, 2021

Every Day Use

I have a mug mat on my desk that is more than ten years old. It is still like new and is made of a fabric tube filled with sand and coiled into a solid mat about six inches across. The fabric is blue with tiny pots of sun flowers that say "Good Friends". I don't remember where it came from. Usually if it is a gift I remember who gave it to me. This time I don't. I use it all the time to hold my beverage, hot or cold water. 

It's funny how some things just become part of daily life. I don't think about my mug mat very often but if it was gone I would miss it. It protects my desk from getting rings from moisture. It is supposed to help retain the heat from hot mugs, too. I use it every day. 

There is another thing that gets daily use: prayer. I pray every day, usually many times a day, as needed. I even have a prayer app, Echo, on my phone that reminds me of some people and things I want to be sure to pray for everyday. I always pray for these things again when I go to bed. Prayer is even a bigger part of my daily life than my mug mat. I issue pop up prayers all the time as a day goes by and the need arises. I think many thank you prayers throughout my day for the beauty of nature, for flowers, trees, birds, and the sky and rain clouds, too. 

I believe in prayer and I use it every day.

"And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven. Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective," (James 5:15-16 NIV).


No comments:

Post a Comment