Thursday, July 8, 2021

Patience in Affliction

The Lord is teaching me about patience this summer. Thank you, Lord. On April 7, I got the first splint on my right hand to correct a ruptured tendon in my little finger. After six weeks I had a month of only a buddy strap around my little finger and the next finger. Then in early June I got the second splint called a Dynamic MCP Extension. That's where I am now. I'm thankful I can take the splint off at night and for aqua fitness class. 

Everyone thinks my hand splint looks painful, but it isn't. The apparatus is made to put pressure on the fingers, realigning them to where they belong. The rubber bands create the tension and the finger loops are connected through each of the disks. Everything is then connected to the molded red plastic base.

My fingers are free enough that I can use them to type and eat and most things I need to do. My hand in the splint doesn't fit in small spaces so that creates some difficulty, especially when I forget I have it on my hand.

"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer," (Romans 12:12 NIV).

This verse is most appropriate in my situation. I am joyful in the hope that the splint is doing good work on my hand. I am patient in my affliction and I am faithful and persist in prayer for others. I'm not good about praying for myself. God is good and the verses above are good to follow in all our trials. 

Thank you, God, for hearing our prayers. Let us always try to be joyful in our hope and patient in our afflictions. In Jesus' name we pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment