Monday, November 22, 2021

Thankful for Friends

"Let us come before him with thanksgiving and extol him with music and song," (Psalm 95:2 NIV). 

When I moved to Ankeny I didn't know anyone here. We moved to be closer to our youngest grandchildren in Grimes. Then, with John's encouragement, I started going to aqua fitness at a local fitness center. There I have made many friends. I'm so thankful for friends. It is nice to see a friendly face when I arrive and nice to have friends who share my desire to exercise in warm water. Unfortunately the water isn't always warm so together we complain briefly, then get to work.

When we found a church to attend we were blessed by new friends. Attending a Bible study helped me make new friends who share the love of Jesus. Just as I've found many of my aqua fitness ladies also share.This is what makes a tighter bond between friends, I've found. I'm so thankful for new friends.

I miss my old friends from the Marshalltown area. There are many I stay in touch with. I'm thankful for those I still see occasionally from my Bible study group and from my former place of work. Life changes and so do our friends. I especially miss those special church friends we left.

It is important to have friends I can share things with and who care about me, as I care about them. Thank you, friends.

"A friend loves at all times," (Proverbs 17:17 NIV).

No comments:

Post a Comment