Monday, November 15, 2021

The Spirit of Power

"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline. So do not be ashamed to testify about our Lord, or ashamed of me his prisoner," (2 Timothy 1: 7-8a NIV).

Paul was in prison when he wrote this letter to Timothy, offering encouragement and directions on how to be a good Christian leader. Paul gives good advice to us, as well. He says not to be timid but use the power of the Holy Spirit to fill us with love and self-discipline. Then we will be the leadership God wants to find in our churches.

These verses speak to me, Miss Timidity. I've always been shy and timid when meeting new people though I've gotten better as I grow older. I'd still say I am shy. The scripture says God has not given us a spirit of timidity but a spirit of power. With God I can do all things! 

I am not ashamed to testify about our Lord. That's what I do in every one of these blogs. I hope to bring God alive and closer to each reader. My purpose in writing this blog is to encourage each believer.

Paul also encourages Timothy not to be afraid of being arrested for his faith. Paul wants him to be brave and use the spirit of power God has given him.

Be brave today, all Christians, use the strength God gives us and proclaim that God is alive within us, making us powerful and filled with love and self-discipline. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment