Thursday, December 16, 2021

The Sounds of Christmas

"Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth, burst into jubilant song with music; make music to the Lord with the harp, with the harp and the sound of singing, with trumpets and the blast of the rams horn--shout for joy before the Lord, the King," (Psalm 98:4-6 NIV).

Christmas music makes the season. I love Christmas music. You'll find my radio blaring as I bake or cook or clean. Life 107.1 is playing Christmas music full-time now until Christmas and is my go-to station at all times. I have stacks of Christmas CDs that I haven't even played yet. They include all my favorites. Nearly every Christmas song is my favorite. I can't think of one I don't like.


I love the old Christmas carols. They are like comfort food for my soul. "O Come, O Come, Emmanuel," "Come, Thou Long Expected Jesus," "O Come, All Ye Faithful," "It Came Upon the Midnight Clear," "What Child Is This, Who, Laid to Rest," "The First Noel, the Angel Did Say," "Angels from the Realms of Glory," "Away in a Manger," "Angels We Have Heard on High," "As with Gladness Men of Old," "Go Tell It On the Mountain," "Good Christian Men, Rejoice," "Silent Night, Holy Night," "While Shepherds Watched Their Flocks," "Joy to the World! The Lord Is Come," and "O Little Town of Bethlehem." 

Christmas is a time to enjoy the sounds of Christmas bells and music. It prepares my heart for Christmas Day. The wonderful day Jesus was born.

Join me in listening to Christmas music this week and next. Rejoice and shout for joy. Sing jubilant song or play the harp or instruments. The King is coming. Hallelujah!


No comments:

Post a Comment