Thursday, December 2, 2021

Written on Human Hearts

"You yourselves are our letter, written on our hearts, known and read by everybody. You show that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts," (2 Corinthians 3:2-3 NIV). 

I don't know about you, but I want to be that letter, written on my heart, that can be read by everybody. I want people to see Jesus Christ in me, by the way I act, speak, react, and the actions I take. I want people


to experience the Spirit of the living God when they talk to me. I want others to see Jesus living in my heart. 

But that's a big order for me, a sinner who makes mistakes, who doesn't always feel like I have Jesus Christ in me. What happens then? I think the Spirit of God works in me to change my heart so I can be the loving, caring person that I want to be.

God turns my "I don't want to" into "I will gladly". He turns my grumble into a smile. Like the Grinch who has second thoughts about taking Christmas away, and suddenly returns all of Christmas to the Whovilles.

Christmas is coming, folks, and I want to be recognized as someone who has the Spirit of God inside her heart. I want my human heart to have writing all over it by the Spirit of the living God. 

Lord fill us with Your Word. Show us Your kindness and mercy so we can show them to others during this season of Advent. Fill our hearts with a giving spirit and let us be Your people with a letter from Christ on our hearts. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment