Thursday, January 20, 2022

A Time for Everything

This week I was reminded of my mother's last year. A friend is facing the loss of two beloved members of her family. Too much loss for one week, I'd say. Yet, she endures. Her strength is remarkable.

When my mother had congestive heart failure she was on oxygen and was limited to what she could do. At the time I didn't acknowledge that she was dying. I cherished each moment with her and remember one day she grasped my face with her hands and kissed me. It was such a special moment I can still relive it in my mind.

Life does come to an end for all of us and we don't know when that day will come; only God knows that date.

I miss my mother so much. She was a wonderful woman and special to every person who knew her. She was a beloved wife, mother, sister, grandmother and friend. There are times my grief is as fresh as it was 23 years ago, when she died. 

Life does go on and sorrow is always a part of it.

I guess this week I cry for my friend for I know how much loss hurts. Peace be with you, friend.

I share her favorite scripture. The same one we placed part of on a rock of remembrance for my mother.

"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace." (Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 NIV).

No comments:

Post a Comment