Monday, March 21, 2022

Spring Hodgepodge

Welcome spring! We are glad you are here. If only everyday would be as nice as yesterday in Iowa. We had 70 degrees and sunshine. Though I know that weather won't last, it is good to know that warmer weather is ahead.

I love March Madness, the NCAA Men's and Women's basketball tournaments. We have a tradition of filling out brackets and keeping watch for who has the best guesses. My bracket broke the first day as I had the Iowa Hawkeyes going to the final game. I was also surprised by the Iowa State Cyclones making it into the Sweet Sixteen. I'm so happy, even if that isn't what my bracket says. I'm so proud of my Alma Mater. There have been several big upsets, as usual. It makes for an exciting tournament.

It is also the Lenten season, the 40 days between Ash Wednesday and Easter. A season of penitence, especially for those of the Catholic faith. Often they give up something for Lent. This is a powerful way to show penitence. Reading scripture of the final days of Jesus' life is another way to recognize Lent.

"Praise be to the name of God for ever and ever; wisdom and power are hiss. He changes times and seasons;" (Daniel 2:21 NIV).

May you enjoy this new season of spring as we prepare for Easter's coming. We will celebrate our Risen Savior, so let us fill our hearts with rejoicing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment