Monday, February 13, 2023

My Valentine

Sometimes I am the wife I should be, but more often I fall short of the definition of love that the scripture gives. Though John and I will celebrate 50 years of marriage later this year, he has been a saint to put up with my shortfalls. This scripture was read at our wedding so I have no excuses.  

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails," (1 Corinthians 13:4-8 NIV).

If only I could be the person who lives these words. Instead, I married that person. John follows this scripture faithfully. His love never fails. He is patient and kind. He does not envy or boast. He is not rude or self-seeking, nor easily angered. He does not remember my wrongs. His love rejoices in the truth. His love protects, trusts, hopes and perseveres. His love never fails.

I have been blessed with a wonderful, loving husband. He lifts me up when I am down, and gives me a hug when I need it most. He is thoughtful, caring, and wise. He knows what I need before I have even figured it out. He makes me laugh and smile. He is understanding of my weaknesses and supports me when I feel like the world is against me.

John is my Valentine and I love him very much.

May you have a blessed Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment