Thursday, February 16, 2023

Snow Birds

On this blustery winter day I'm thinking about those snow birds who retreated south to Florida or Texas or Arizona. I can't imagine what it would be like to awaken to mild temperatures every morning. To walk out the door in a sweater or light jacket instead of a coat, boots, gloves, and a stocking cap. I am feeling jealous. It has been a long winter already, though there have been a few mild breaks in the winter weather. 

I'm ready for spring but it could still be a month away. Most of our snow melted, except for what falls today. I wonder if the weather person missed the mark on this predicted snowstorm. It was supposed to be a four inch snowfall by morning and all I see is a light covering on the outdoor surfaces. It is snowing sideways rather heavy so guess I'll have to wait and see.

"It was you who set all the boundaries of the earth; you made both summer and winter," (Psalm 74:17 NIV).

God made Iowa full of variety in the weather. We have four distinct seasons to enjoy (yes, enjoy). So today I'll look out the window and watch the snow come down. I'll bundle up and make my way to the pool for Aqua Fitness. And I'll try to smile as the snow deepens as I walk through the parking lot. It is beautiful when everything is covered with snow. Think positive, I tell myself.

God has given us another day to enjoy. Let's do our best to use this day to His Glory, even if it means trouncing through snow. Snow birds, you don't know what you are missing!

No comments:

Post a Comment