Monday, May 22, 2023

Make Me Worthy

It's Monday morning and a new week has begun. It's a busy week for us. Family is coming from Virginia and Arkansas for the graduation of our granddaughter Payton. We have much to be thankful for. The week will be busier than most and more exciting than most. 

As a Christian I try to be worthy of God's calling, even when I don't really understand what that is for me, especially in these retirement years. I want to live a life that pleases God and one that fulfills God's purpose for me every day.

In the following scripture, Paul writes a second letter to the young church in Thessalonica and to all believers, encouraging them to keep working. Some people there had stopped spreading the Word of God because they felt the second coming of Christ was here. To me, it is a beautiful prayer that I will make personal.

"With this in mind, we constantly pray for you, that our God may count you worthy of his calling, and that by his power he may fulfill every good purpose of yours and every act prompted by your faith. We pray this so that the name of our Lord Jesus may be glorified in you and you in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ," (2 Thessalonians 1:11-12 NIV). 

Lord, help me be worthy of Your calling every day, no matter how busy life gets. Help me fulfill Your purpose for me and strengthen my faith. Let me glorify You in all that I do and say. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment