Thursday, May 25, 2023

Stepping Into the Light

One of the first life steps for those in the United States is high school graduation. I have a granddaughter who has reached this stepping stone this week. On Saturday friends and relatives will celebrate Payton's achievement and on Sunday she will don a cap and gown and shift that tassel over to make it official! For my son and his family, this is their first graduate. Everyone is excited and so very proud of the young woman Payton has become.

I wanted to wait until Monday to write this blog about Payton because I anticipate more things to celebrate that I don't know about right now. But Monday is Memorial Day so that will be the topic, of course.

Payton has taken several college courses while in high school and has been active in cross country, track and orchestra. She plays the violin. At her final concert Monday, she received the Director's Award for her leadership, dedication and devotion to the orchestra and the director.

"I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them," (Isaiah 42:16 NIV). 

In the fall, Payton will travel to Arizona to attend college, majoring in nursing. She has a very caring and compassionate spirit that will be a true benefit in all the days ahead and in everything she does. Congratulations, Payton!

No comments:

Post a Comment