Thursday, May 4, 2023

Playing Around

Parks and playgrounds are full of people this week. The weather is finally nice and the wind is calmer, yea! Everyone is anxious to enjoy the outdoors. I love watching the children play in parks. 

The equipment is so different than what I played on as a child. We had swings, slides, merry-go-rounds and jungle gyms. There was a lot of metal when I was growing up. Now there is a lot of molded plastic and rubber surfaces to keep the children safe. Merry-go-rounds are nearly extinct because of the danger of riding one.

There were plenty of cuts and bruises in my day, but I would guess there are still some accidents that happen on the playground though all the efforts to eliminate dangers.

"The Lord is my light and my salvation -- whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life -- of whom shall I be afraid? When evil men advance against me to devour my flesh, when my enemies and my foes attack me, they will stumble and fall," (Psalm 27:1-2 NIV).

My favorite playground equipment is the swing. I still love to swing. One of my favorite memories is swinging with my granddaughter in Jesper Park. What was/is your favorite thing to play on in a playground?

May you enjoy this playground weather and remember the Lord is our protector whatever danger we face.

No comments:

Post a Comment