Thursday, December 21, 2023

The Nativity

At our house the nativity gets the best and most spacious surface to fill. I have several nativity sets that I display together. They all have sheep and shepherds (of course). I know some people wait and put baby Jesus in the nativity on Christmas Day. I think that is a neat tradition. But, I put Jesus in the stable right away because He is a reminder to me of what Christmas is really all about.

I love the scripture in Isaiah that prophecies the coming of Christ nearly 700 years before His birth.

"For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and peace there will be no end," (Isaiah 9:6-7 NIV).

This scripture is filled with hope. We all need hope, especially during these days of wars and unrest in the world. Jesus Christ is still our hope, even 2000 years later.

Lord, touch our hearts with the love You sent to earth that first Christmas Day. As we finish our preparations to celebrate Your Son's birth, fill us with Your Spirit to make our faith strong and courageous. Help us to keep Jesus the center of our celebration. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment