Good Morning. We have come to the end of another month and tomorrow we enter September. Two-thirds of the year is past. Time flies. Usually I welcome a clean slate on the calendar but our September is filled with appointments, grandchildren's ball games, and travel plans. It makes me tired to think about it.
My concept of time is far different than God's. That is a really good thing! If He was in a hurry for me to change my disappointing ways, I would be in big trouble. However, I can't sit around twiddling my thumbs. I must get moving and fulfill God's work for me. "I'm running out of time," as a Christian song says.
"The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance," (2 Peter 3:9 NIV).
Lord God, thank You for being patient with me. Help me be a better person today and every day. Show me where I can introduce You to others, where I can show Your love to others, and where I can be kind. Lord, I trust in Your promises. Teach me to share those promises with others. I praise You and love You. In the holy name of Jesus Christ, my Savior, I pray. Amen.
To God be the glory!
No comments:
Post a Comment