I am in awe of those who can speak Scriptures and their verses, off the top of their heads or more correctly, from the bottom of their hearts. Memorizing Scripture is something I have not mastered. That is why I love reading this verse. It gives me hope!
"But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you," (John 14:26 NIV).
Memorizing is just not my forte. When I was a child I remember working on memorizing a poem that we had to recite in class. My mother worked and worked with me until I finally got ir. I don't remember if I said the poem correctly in front of my teacher or not, nor do I remember the poem.
I wanted to be in plays at school but I knew I would never be able to memorize long parts so I only tried out for characters that required no speaking. But, even that made me so nervous that I chose working behind the scenes in theatre instead.
But, according to Jesus' promise, there are times that Scripture verses I have read and studied come back to me. Thank You, Holy Spirit.
Oh, Great God of mercy, I'm so thankful that You are present in me as my Counselor and Guide. I trust in You to be my teacher and reminder of all that Jesus spoke and what is in Your Word. I love You, Lord, and I need You. I pray in the Holy Name of Jesus. Amen.
To God be the glory!
No comments:
Post a Comment