Monday, January 19, 2015

Faith Like a Child

""Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it." And he took the children in his arms, put his hands on them and blessed them"" (Mark 10:14-16 NIV).

It's a grandma day! I get to enjoy two of my granddaughters for the day. Spending time with my grandchildren is a true blessing. I get to find out what's on their mind and what their dreams are. Grandchildren are one of God's greatest blessings.

We started the day by making monkey bread so they are anxious to see what monkey bread looks like when it is baked. They had something like it at Oceans of Fun so they will get to see if that was the same thing they ate before. Now the girls are making crayon creations that they learned about at 4-H. It involves glue and a hair dryer so it should be interesting.

Times are so different now for children of all ages. They are connected by iPhones and have iPads and electronic games to play. The girls connected to my WiFi by the time we pulled into the garage. They serenaded me with their favorite music by One Direction and others. They would much prefer spending time doing things with grandma than their electronic pass-time. Which is  a good sign, I believe.

There is nothing better than spending time with my grandchildren and just as Jesus spoke in the scriptures above, children own the kingdom of God. They are the eyes to Christ in all they see and do. I too, will take them in my arms and bless them for a blessed day together.

No comments:

Post a Comment