Thursday, August 27, 2015

A Summer Cold

"A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones" (Proverbs 17:22 NIV).

"A man's spirit sustains him in sickness, but a crushed spirit who can bear?" (Proverbs 18:14 NIV).

The headache, the stuffed up head, the runny nose, the sore throat and itchy eyes, what's not to like about a summer cold? When the weather is great outside it is a double whammy to suffer from the dreaded summer cold. There is no time to lay back and wait it out. There are things to do, places to go, people to see. Yet the nuisance of a summer cold takes control and affects everything.

Scriptures indicate that the attitude will change everything. So I'm trying my best to remain positive. Armed with a good supply of tissues and Vitamin C, I'm braving the illness with all I've got. Who wants to blow their nose or cough away the hours. It's summer!

What's wrong with walking around with your mouth open to breathe, watery eyes, and speaking with a raspy voice? It's the sneezing and coughing that tend to deter friendships. So I'll bolster my immunities and walk boldly through the days ahead, hoping not to share this curse with anyone else. While I hope for some cheerful looks and good news to get me through.

"A cheerful look brings joy to the heart, and good news gives health to the bones" (Proverbs15:30 NIV).


No comments:

Post a Comment