Monday, January 4, 2016

A New Year - 2016

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future" (Jeremiah 29:11).

The calendars have changed and birthdays are transferred to them. All are neatly hung where needed and the new year has begun, ready or not. Where did 2015 go? It is surely true that the older you get the faster time flies by. It seems like yesterday that I wrote about it being the year of the sheep. I don't even know what symbol 2016 is under. All I know is that this will be a big year of changes for us. I'd like to stop the calendar or put it on pause so life could slow down a bit and I could soak it all in.

I usually spend time during Christmas and New Year's updating my photo albums with pictures. Didn't get that done. I usually like to leave our Christmas tree and nativities up through the middle of January at least, just to enjoy them at a relaxed pace, but this year I feel an urgency to take them down and put them away. I did get some new red and green totes to store everything Christmasy in-but the work is yet to be done.

Did I even see baby Jesus in the manger this year? Did I rejoice with His birth and celebrate the blessing of a life with salvation? Or was it all such a rush of madness to 'get things done' that I missed the most important part? That makes me sad to realize another season of worship has passed. Where did the joy go? I want it back.

I just know that this year I'm going to have to work extra hard to stay focused on my Jesus or the days will escape me. Our church is doing a daily scripture reading that will give us a common thought for each day. I have my "Jesus Calling" devotional that helps me feel the relationship I have with my Savior. God has plans for me that include hope and a future. It feels good to know God is in control of what lies ahead.

May 2016 be a year that brings us closer to our Lord and Savior.


No comments:

Post a Comment