Thursday, January 14, 2016

Searching for the Glimmer of Hope

"For you have been my hope, O Sovereign Lord, my confidence since my youth. From birth I have relied on you; you brought me forth from my mother's womb. I will ever praise you. I have come like a portent to many, but you are my strong refuge" (Psalm 71:5-8 NIV).

Sometimes life is just hard. You feel weighted down by sadness or pain. It is hard to function as normal and it would be easier to just stay in bed. Few of us have that luxury so we keep going, one foot in front of the other, one task at a time. And eventually the cloud of grief or pain lifts, slowly, and hope is restored. 

Somedays I would rather wallow in my sufferings, dragging my feet through the murky mud and madness. But that has no benefit but getting my shoes dirty. 

Instead, I must lift up my chin and keep my focus on Jesus. This morning I was greeted by the most beautiful red eastern sky. It seemed only to last a moment and it was gone. I could have easily missed it, but I did not. Thank you, God, for lifting my eyes to You. For showing me Your beauty and grace for today.

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit" (Romans 15:13 NIV).

No comments:

Post a Comment