Thursday, June 30, 2016

Just a Bump in the Road

I feel lousy. I've got the headache, sore throat, and my head feels a lot like a basketball. Ugh, it's a summer cold. I feel like a real wimp as I have tried all the home remedies and a couple of over the counter items in attempting to get rid of this annoying bump in the road. My ears feel plugged up and the medicine makes my heart race. I used to work through these bugs but now it seems like I need to sleep it away.

It is annoying to be attacked by a bug when there is so much to do. I know it will go away in time, and I'm thankful it only happens once or twice a year. Personally, I would blame air conditioning for the 'bug'. Going back and forth, inside and outside during our recent heat wave has probably irritated my internal thermometer or something.

Feeling yucky reminds me to be thankful for all the days I feel pretty good. I know I have nothing to complain about when so many people suffer so terribly with all kinds of illness and pains. I realize I am getting older, too, and that seems to change the way I rebound from sickness. This getting older business is really just the beginning of a bumpy road ahead. With that in mind, I'm willing to take the time to sit on the couch with my feet up and drink plenty of fluids. And, all the while I'm thanking God for all those days of good health that I won't continue to take for granted.

"This sickness will not end in death. No, it is for God's glory so that God's Son may be glorified through it" (John 11:4 NIV).

May you be surrounded by good health today and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment