Thursday, June 2, 2016

Power of the Son

What a blessing to enjoy a string of sunny days in a row! We are still getting used to our house and the way to keep it cool without the air conditioning. We have found there is great power in the sun these days so it is helpful to keep the curtains and blinds drawn during the hot part of the day. I love the warmth of the sun but I seem to have a very narrow comfort zone before it becomes too hot. We also experience the sun's power when we enter a closed car on a summer day or ride along as the sun beats through the windows. What a power-packed impression the sun makes.

"For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities--his eternal power and divine nature--have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse" (Romans 1:20 NIV).

I do not understand how a human being cannot believe in God. I love this verse in Romans because it minces no words when it declares that God's power is visible all around us on earth. Paul seems quite indignant to those who seem to ignore all the tangible signs of His power.

Paul assures us of Jesus' power when he quotes Jesus, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong" (2 Corinthians 12:9-10 NIV).

We, too, can take solace during the difficulties of our lives and claim Jesus' power as our own! Truly, even the worst times of our lives reveal that our weakness is transformed into strength through our faith in Jesus Christ, the Son who saves us with His power.



No comments:

Post a Comment