Monday, May 8, 2017

Thank You, Jesus

My morning devotional gave a faith step or action suggestion: write a thank you note to Jesus for all He has done for me. It sounded simple enough at first, but as I think about doing it the task seems overwhelming. Where do I even begin?

It seems logical to begin at the beginning. Thank you, Jesus, for creating me within my mother's womb. For giving me a body, a heart, and a mind that was designed to be only me. Thank you for planning my life and writing each day in Your book of life. Thank you for my loving parents who raised me in a home of love and faith. Thank you, Jesus, for being there for me as I grew to know you and reach out to you. Thank you for being my constant companion, my protector, my counselor, my guide.

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be," (Psalm139:13-16 NIV).

Jesus Christ went to the cross to die for me while I was still a sinner. When Jesus was on the cross, He was thinking of me. He saw me as valuable enough to give His life to save me (and you). Jesus, thank you, for providing a faithful, loving husband, filled with integrity to join me on this walk in life with you. I am so thankful for John's faith, strength and leadership that has helped me grow in faith as well. Thank you, Jesus, for walking with us through times of financial need, illness, and difficult periods of grief.

Thank you, Jesus, for the blessing of two sons and their wives and our grandchildren. Thank you for John's work ethic and his drive to be the best provider he could be. Thank you for his commitment to You as his Savior and the example he has been for our family. Thank you, Jesus, for putting godly people in our lives to pray for us and guide us. Thank you for the challenges, the heartbreaks, the rough times that You helped us endure and grow through.

Jesus, I can only scratch the surface of the unmeasurable ways You have touched my life with Your love and grace. Thank you for coming to earth to save us and for living within us each day. Without you, Jesus, I am nothing. Thank you. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment