Monday, February 11, 2019

February Snow

We are not even half way into the month of February and already I would call it snowy. Yesterday was beautiful and challenging. Church men kept busy trying to keep the sidewalks shoveled but it was nearly impossible until the snow quit.

The snow created a lot of work for folks shoveling, snow blowing, and running snow plows. Those in the snow business were smiling all the way down the road. But, they were probably the only ones, except for children. It was a beautiful day to play in the snow; it was warm and calm.

We visited the Home and Garden Show on Saturday and I learned a benefit of snow. One booth was manned by Freedom Creek Seed Company, a native prairie and seed company in Prescott, Iowa. They had small packages of a variety of native prairie seeds that inspired me. They explained that one of the best ways to plant the seeds was to sprinkle them over the snow, allowing the snow to pull the seeds down to the soil naturally when the snow melts. The company said many seeds need a "winter stratification to break down the seed coat and stimulate them to germinate." A good use of the snow!

The Lord says, "As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it," (Isaiah 55:10-11 NIV).

I love that Scriptures share an insight into our God and the nature He created. I love that God's Word is sent out to reach His purpose. The Word was written to record and accomplish God's plan.

I love that there are companies that care about our heritage and encourage restoring our native prairies. Thank you February snow for playing a part in restoring what nature intended and fulfilling a part of God's plan.

It only takes one healthy seed to plant an eternal future.
Share the Word with someone today.

No comments:

Post a Comment