Monday, April 29, 2019

He Will Watch Over You

Back when I was a young mother, I needed to attend a conference in Des Moines. I was used to driving gravel roads and county highways but even the interstate was scary for me. I had to drive to the Holiday Inn near downtown. Easy, peasy, you might say. Well it was a really big deal for me. I had no experience in freeway art and crafts.

I made it there without incident. I was relieved but still anxious about driving home later in the day. The time came for me to return home. I prayed for safety and got in my car. Somehow I found the right exit to the freeway. There was a swarm of traffic around me and I couldn't even merge into the bumper to bumper flow. I was stuck in the off ramp lane and ended up exiting. God was with me. The only place I could go ended up being to Hubbell Avenue. A road I had traveled many times before (going to and from the State Fair).

It may seem like coincidence to others, but to me it was God's hand in my life.

"The Lord will keep you from all harm-- He will watch over your life; the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore," (Psalm 121:7-8 NIV).

Whatever lies in your path this week, I pray that you will seek God's accompaniment. There is no better partner for your travels. Even if it is only to the mailbox and back.



No comments:

Post a Comment