Wednesday, June 26, 2019

By Your Side

When I start writing this blog I must always remind myself of its purpose. Sometimes the topic just presents itself. It is a God thing when that happens. I know He places the thought in my mind and I love it when He does.

That you and I may be mutually encouraged by each other’s faith,” (Romans 1:12 NIV).

The Scripture above is the theme and purpose for this blog. Sometimes I hit the mark. Sometimes I get sidetracked. I want to encourage you, the reader, and I count on the encouragement through your faith shared. 

During the last 10 days there have been so many prayer needs. It seems everywhere I turn there are people hurting. All I can do is get down on my knees and pray. The words don’t always come and I end up crying, “Jesus”, “Jesus”, “Jesus”. Maybe it is the age I am at, but I don’t remember another time when so many crises have happened at once. 

I must remind myself by looking around at the beauty of the landscapes and God’s Creation, every tree, every plant, and every blade of green grass is His. He put the color, the shape, the size and form in each one. He makes the wind that moves the blades of the wind turbine. He offers the sun, the clouds and the rain to remind us to depend on Him. This also reminds me to thank Him.

When I am struggling through a rough time, I turn to Jesus. I stop in my tracks and let Jesus guide my plea. I offer my praise for the beauty and grace He gives and I let my heart cry out my deepest pains. Even when I can’t speak the words, I know God hears my cries. 

Whatever your burden is today, give it to Jesus to carry. He’s already by your side.

No comments:

Post a Comment