Thursday, June 13, 2019

Listen to His Voice

I'm on a roll with the sheep and shepherd verses in John 10, so I'm sticking with them. They are some of my favorite verses. As a child I could picture Jesus as a shepherd embracing a lamb in his arms. As I grew in my faith I was able to imagine myself as the lamb. Even now, as a senior citizen, I am held lovingly by my shepherd. When I'm feeling down I close my eyes and curl up in his arms and rest my head on His shoulder.

When we had our sheep farm I loved to watch as John went out to feed the sheep in the morning. He would start down the hill to the sheep shed while the sheep were out in the pasture. One sheep, then another would lift up its head and listen to his voice and suddenly start running - as fast as they could - toward the shed. It was a stampede of sheep with dust rolling as they made their way to the feeding area, baaing all the way. Sometimes he would call them, but other times it was only his footsteps they heard. And they came.

The sheep knew John was going to feed them and like me, they would never refuse a meal! They listed to his voice. They trusted him. They even loved him in their own way. They knew their shepherd was good and would protect them from evil.

"My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand," (John 10:27-28 NIV)

We know Jesus' voice. He knows us. We follow Him. He gives us eternal life and we will never perish! No one can snatch us out of His Hand.

No one! Nothing! We are His sheep and we listen to His voice. Praise God!

I'm listening to His Word today. It makes my day so much better when I stand with the Savior/my Shepherd, and hear His tender, loving voice and feel the comfort of His arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment