Monday, June 3, 2019

Following Him

     We happened upon a wonderful sight this weekend. Two mama (or papa) geese leading their babies across the Ankeny Prairie Trail HyVee parking lot in a no passing zone. John caught a picture of them as cars waited patiently for them to pass safely to the nearby grassy slope.

     I immediately thought of followers of Jesus. We should be as obedient as the baby geese, striking a line, confident in the protection God provides, walking in His footsteps, following His example and pattern for living.

     "When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life,""(John 8:12 NIV).

    I love the image this Scripture provides. We are walking along behind Jesus, following His perfect way, walking in a tunnel of brilliant, warm light as the darkness around us can no longer enfold us. His love, grace, and peace make us feel cherished, blessed, and calm as we wander through the unknowns of this life, surrounded by the glow of His guidance.

    Being a follower of Christ gives me purpose and a plan for life. I'm so thankful that I can follow the One who cares about me the way the geese care about their little goslings.

    Thank you, Jesus, for leading us through the challenges of this life and for guiding us with Your Light. Help us remember to look to You when we feel lost or anxious. Thank you for saving us from our sins by dying on the cross and being raised again. Amen.

(This is the 500th blog I have written. If you could take time to click like on the Facebook page, I would like to know how many readers are out there. Thanks. Gloria)

No comments:

Post a Comment