Thursday, August 1, 2019

Doing Good Works

Last year I begged my husband to add a railing to our front steps. I was worried about my friends coming and not having a railing to help them up the steps. So he got the materials and spent a day planning and a day putting the railing on. It was difficult and the materials didn't always cooperate with the concrete steps. But, finally he completed the task and was satisfied with his work.

It has been more than a year and only one person has used the railing besides me. John hassles me about it occasionally. He spent all that time and hard work and no one has used it! I'm still glad we have it because I need it and we are getting older.

It is funny how we do good things and no one notices but God. That is Who matters.

"For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do," (Ephesians 2:10 NIV).

What good works are in store for us to do today?

God, show us what we should do and guide our steps and our hands as we fulfill Your plan for this day. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment