Thursday, August 15, 2019

Praying For Protection

This week I've had a lot of anxiety over my oldest grandson moving to California. I failed to put it in God's hands until today. Why is it I forget to pray sometimes, and instead worry, fret and fuss over feelings of concern and fear? Thank you God, for being patient with me.

Quite some time ago I found this prayer in scripture that seemed perfect to pray for my grandchildren. I pray for all my grandchildren to grow to know Jesus as their personal Savior and constant companion. I desire their understanding of my Lord Jesus Christ and for them to experience the freedom that comes from having His protection. Lord, hear my prayer.

"I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and his incomparably great power for us who believe," (Ephesians 1:17-19 NIV).

I put my trust in God to watch over each of my grandchildren as they start a new school year and I ask that they may discover fully the wonders of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Please Lord, keep them safe from the evils in this world and surround them with Your protection and with believers who can teach them Your ways and strengthen their faith. Show them Your pathway, illuminated by Your holy light. Lord, be their source of strength and make them aware of Your purpose for their lives. Give them direction, guided by Your purpose for them. May they know Your presence is with them, even when times are hard. Give them courage to walk in Your ways as they seek their path for life. Thank you, God, for watching over these precious children. In Jesus' Name, I pray. Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment