Monday, August 26, 2019

From the Beginning

Sometimes I feel like one of the misfit toys in Santa's workshop. The broken one that doesn't run right and disappoints the children when they see it. But I am reminded in Scripture that God has a purpose for me and each one He created. Even David struggled with fulfilling God's purpose for his life. But I must be like David and trust God to continue to mold me into the person He wants me to be...even at this age. God will work to achieve the purpose He has had in mind for me from the beginning.

"The Lord will fulfill his purpose for me; your love, O Lord, endures forever--do not abandon the works of your hands," (Psalm 138:8 NIV).

It seems like David is counting on God to not give up on him, or to stop working on him. Instead, David wants God to continue to work with His holy hands to make him into the person He intended David to be. David made mistakes in his life, but he always confessed his sins and asked for forgiveness. God used him as a great king in the family line of Jesus Christ.

I can use David and his example of having a heart for God. David loved God and he learned from his mistakes. David didn't repeat his sins, but accepted the consequences of them. David was listed among the faithful believers in Hebrews 11 and is recognized as one of God's trusted.

God's love is the same for each of us. God endures forever and will fulfill His purpose for each of us when we follow Him as believers. Thankfully, God won't abandon the works of His hands, even though I've made mistakes along the way, and even at my age.




No comments:

Post a Comment