Monday, September 23, 2019

Sticky Note Hearts

I have reminders all around my house. Two blue sticky notes feature a hand-drawn heart and "I love you". One is posted on my computer and one is on the mirror of the bathroom. They are from my granddaughter who is six years old. I also have a beautiful picture she sent me that is colored hearts - one big one in the middle with a scattering of little hearts all around. I miss Piper and her brother Graham (and their mom and dad, too).

They are many miles away so I can't give them a hug when I'm missing them. We FaceTime about once a week. Piper makes all sorts of funny faces into the phone as she talks to me. It makes me smile to see her. We live a pretty boring life so there isn't a lot to talk about with them. They get tired of hearing the same things: we went to church today; we watched Bailey play volleyball; we went to Payton's cross country meet; we had a birthday dinner with Paige and Brent; I made sugar cookies and so on.

I am challenged to put my trust in God, that He is protecting my beloved grandchildren, whether they are across the country (as three of mine are), or just half an hour away. Scripture reminds me to put my trust in God to guard their hearts and minds in Christ Jesus and be glad.


"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus," (Philippians 4:4-7 NIV).


I will trust you, Lord, to protect my blessed grandchildren, in all that they do. Surround them with your love so they will always know You, I pray. Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment