Thursday, September 12, 2019

The Light In You

It's been a rainy week in Iowa. Sometimes the darkness outside makes me feel blue, too. I need sunshine, literally. I need the Vitamin D that is in sunlight. I open my shades in the winter to let in whatever sun we receive but even then, sometimes when gray winter weather hits I use a light machine at my desk to increase the Vitamin D effects.

Jesus tells us that we are the light of the world. Our light can brighten a room or cheer someone who is feeling down. A big smile or a gentle hug can lift anyone's spirits and create a domino effects as they pass along the kindness to someone else.

""You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven,"" (Matthew 5:14-16 NIV).

This scripture always reminds me of the Sunday school song, "This Little Light of Mine". "I'm gonna let it shine, for Jesus. This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine, let it shine, let it shine."

As our day begins again with showers and dark skies, I encourage you to let your inner light shine today, even if the sun is shining. Be the light of the world to someone today!

No comments:

Post a Comment