Thursday, January 23, 2020

Until We Meet Again

My friend, Ann, passed away Sunday. It seems so impossible that she is gone because I still visualize her as the vibrant, life-loving, highly-spirited woman that she was. Since I moved I haven't seen her very often. But, I can picture her as the delightful person she was. Always with a smile and ready to laugh; dedicated to her family and her job.

But, I know where she is now. She is with her Savior, Whom she loved.

She is happier now. Free of pain now. Reunited with her parents, Causing a ruckus in heaven, delightedly so. Ann has arrived in a twirly skirt, no doubt!

It's so sad for those who loved her and now miss her. The separation hurts. The wishes for her having a long life and sharing an old folks home together are spoiled. Life doesn't always get a chance to live out our dreams. Cancer is so cruel and selective. Anyone - everyone can be a victim.

"But whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water, welling up to eternal life," (John 4:14 NIV).

That's how I'll remember, Ann. As a spring of water welling up to eternal life. She brought joy to everyone who knew her and I'm cherishing my memories of this amazing woman who is now at home, face-to-face with her Savior.

Until we meet again...

No comments:

Post a Comment