Thursday, January 30, 2020

Puzzle Pieces

I just finished a jigsaw puzzle I've been working on for several weeks. Sometimes several hours at a time, Sometimes for just a few minutes or a few pieces. It is a winter pastime that I share with my three sisters. They began exchanging puzzles whenever we got together a few years ago. I find myself thinking about my sisters as I work on the puzzle. We are connected through them. Their hands handled the same pieces I handle.

To start the puzzle I sort. The border pieces come first, except this last puzzle I had half of the bottom border that was unfinished until I got to that section. I found one piece was wrong when I found another almost exactly the same that fit better.

Next I sort by color and then by shape when I get down to the final few. I always wonder if one piece might be missing. It is so easy for one piece to slip off the table. What if a piece was lost? I couldn't finish the puzzle.

Life is a lot like a puzzle. It takes piece after piece to fit our life together. We don't see the whole picture until the final pieces get placed by God, He has the last piece.

As I finished the puzzle I thought sure there wasn't a piece that would fit in a spot but almost magically one gets turned around and it fits.

"And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work," (2 Corinthians 9:8 NIV).

God"s amazing grace makes all parts of our life fit together perfectly.


No comments:

Post a Comment