Monday, February 3, 2020

Sing A New Song

It is a new month and a new week. And a new beginning for some of my friends whose gym and pool closed on Friday. It was sad saying goodbye, not knowing if we would see each other again since our paths only crossed at the pool for aqua aerobics. Some are moving to the community Y today but not everyone. It will be different. There will be new people to meet and it won't be the same old group of friends. Many will be missed. I will remember them all. But this is an opportunity, too.

We had been at the gym for over three years. I got to know such friendly and kind people. I will miss the hellos and the conversations. I will miss the instructors so much. I don't know what the new teachers will be like. They will be using microphones; that's different. I don't know if they have weights there to use. I don't know my way around the new area and the locker room plus I don't know who has a special spot in the new pool.

It is time to sing a new song. Stretch my wings and fly into a new chapter of experience. It can be hard but all I need to do is try.

"I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord," (Psalm 40:1-3 NIV).

We all have new things to try in life and it is hard sometimes. Each day brings new experiences some will be difficult, others will be easy. Take the first step with a new song to sing and all be be okay. Hopefully we will meet again back at the old pool with new owners. Time will tell.

Just sing a new song.

No comments:

Post a Comment