Thursday, February 20, 2020

Grandchildren

Grandchildren are awesome. We just returned from a short visit with our youngest two grandchildren ages: almost-seven and nine. We played air hockey and football and dominos and doctor with them and read books together and hugged and laughed and cried when we left. (Maybe only one of us). But the time was so precious and valuable to both of us. We look forward to their first visit back to Iowa, since they moved, for Easter.

Piper and Graham
I am always amazed at what the children have learned and how much more they know now than when I was their age. It seems like ages are much brighter and wiser than we were as children.They are far ahead of what I could read at their age, I'm sure. And when it comes to technology, children are much smarter than I am. It is incredible what they can do.

"When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me," (1 Corinthians 13:11 NIV).

As a grandparent I sometimes forget that my age limits my mobility and endurance. Sometimes I even think of myself as a young adult. How silly is that? I must put behind me my childish ways and be a good example to my grandchildren. I'm trying to be the best I can be but sometimes I fail.

Be wise in my advanced age and bless my grandchildren. A good thought to ponder.

#575

No comments:

Post a Comment