Monday, February 10, 2020

Counting Sheep

It is a quiet early morning and I have prayed for inspiration from God. I always ask for guidance with my blog. I am surrounded by part of my collection of sheep. Some of my favorites are in my office. I want what to do with them all when we downsize again in a few years. At one time John counted my sheep and I believe it was over 300. That was about 10 years ago.

I started collecting sheep because they remind me of my Great Shepherd, Jesus Christ. I researched scriptures on sheep and began to create my own Christmas cards using them. I did that for many years. Then we started raising sheep (live animals) and I was hooked on collecting sheep. Anything with a sheep on it became a desired item.

I love the reminders they give me. That I am a sheep and I have a holy shepherd who watches over me, protecting me, guiding me. I love the 23rd Psalm..."The Lord is my shepherd. I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever," (Psalm 23:1-6 NIV).

Though my memory speaks the King James version of this scripture, every version of the scripture holds its own beauty. Each time I read it, I am comforted. This scripture has to be one of the most loved and perhaps most memorized scriptures of the Bible.

Today I hope the 23rd Psalm brings you peace and hope. I only have to look around my room to find reminders of this scripture and many other verses on sheep and shepherds. I pray you will see your own reminders of our Lord and Savior that will lead you through the day. God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment