Monday, March 2, 2020

God's Gift of Hope

Sometimes when things in life get rough, be it times of illness or discouragement or grief, we need God's hope to see us through. We may not have enough of our own hope, so we depend on God's. When we turn to His Holy Word we find His hope woven through the verses, ready to lift us up when we need it most.

When the weight of our sin weighs heavy on our shoulders we can turn to His Word for hope.

"My soul faints with longing for your salvation, but I have put my hope in your word," (Psalm 119:81 NIV).

And be raised up and forgiven.

When we are tired and weary and feeling weak in our whole constitution, His hope is for us!

"Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken," (Psalm 62:5-6 NIV)

And be strengthened.

When nothing seems to be going right and we feel downhearted, His Word gives us hope for the future.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you," (Jeremiah 29:11-12 NIV).

And be prayerful.

When we are afraid and fearful of the world, we know God is in control.

"The Lord delights in those who fear him, who put their hope in his unfailing love," (Psalm 147:11 NIV),

And be blessed, loved, and thankful.

May you find today filled with God's hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment