Monday, May 18, 2020

Momentary Troubles

Good Morning!

I hope your morning is blessed by bright moments. It is starting out very gray here. When the skies are gray I feel gray inside. But a friend reminded me there are blue skies and sunshine above the clouds.

I've been redoing my recipe cards using larger 4 by 6 inch cards and I have a new recipe box. When I started this it didn't seem like such a big job. Now I'm wondering if I'll ever get done. I ran out of all the nice new cards I'd purchased so I resorted to cutting my own using some cardstock I had. Now I've gone through the stack I cut and still have more recipes to copy.

My mother was a great cook so I inherited many good recipes from her. I copied some from her before I got married and asked for many more as I became a cook for my family. The recipes from my mother are prized possessions. I especially cherish the ones that are hand written by my mother. I see her face in each one penned by her. I don't think I can throw away any of those special cards; they will have to be stored with the new cards.

This time of the COVID-19 pandemic has made all of us search for different things to fill our time. There are no ballgames to attend or watch on television, unless you want to watch something that happened in the past. No concerts or farmer's markets to attend, and shopping is only beginning to open up for the brave. It's week ten of the shut down on life as we knew it.

"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all," (2 Corinthians 4:16-17 NIV).

Blessings to you, today.

#600 gds


No comments:

Post a Comment